I don’t think my days start too differently from everyone else.
Sometimes I roll over groggily to turn off my alarm (or, on those groggy days, hit the snooze). Sometimes I bounce right out of bed ready to go.
No matter which extreme I go to in the morning when I wake up, I start my day by thinking about all the stuff I have to get done.
The list this morning went something like this:
* run copies for tomorrow’s classes
* check with students and counslor about glitch in Common Core referrals
* return Eli’s notebook
* give stuff to Vicky
* call Bob
* meeting at lunchtime
* get kid to dentist appointment (preferably get him to brush his teeth before going)
* get kid to haircut appointment
* go to school board meeting
* enter yearbook orders
The day looked like a blur before it even started and all I could do was sigh. This was going to be one of Those Days where I knew that it going to be fine, but good heavens. How in the world do you fit everything in?
Thankfully my days are not always like this.
If they were, I’d have to lobby seriously for a few extra hours to be added to my days.