I started a gratitude journal a long time ago with the intention of jotting a couple of things down in it every night before I went to sleep to end the day on a positive note.
For some reason, it’s not full or current.
But I do try to think about the good stuff before I slip off to dreamland.
So here’s my quick list for today:
- my son singing (yelling?) from bed for me to have a good day when I left for school
- my dad’s giddiness over a new sci fi anthology he found (I love that we can be book nerds together!)
- my students arguing to have more time to read today since we weren’t on the shortened club period schedule
- a chance to talk to some colleagues (some near, some afar) who kick-started a thousand thoughts that are going off like fireworks in my (now) sleep-deprived mind
- knowing I will be able to chat with my dear husband about all of these thoughts as I begin to drift off to sleep…
I am blessed.
Today and every day.