Have you ever had a day where, no matter how hard you tried, you just couldn’t manage to shake this flurry of thoughts?
Here’s everything I tried so far:
- Picking the Hunger Games nail color I want
- Talking books with my students
- Those yummy veggie sticks
- Talking on the phone
- Reading a book
- Commenting on student work
- Asking my husband how his day at work was
- Talking to my parents
- Setting up my hubby’s Nook account to be friends with me so he can borrow my books (Even though my dad got the one he wanted first…)
- Curling up in my new red Snuggie ($2 bargain on clearance!) and watching How I Met Your Mother episodes on Netflix
- Asking my son how his day at school was
- Asking my son how his tumbling class went
- Writing and rewriting this post (This is attempt #4…)
My brain has been busily chugging away on a mystery of sorts that I’m not going to be able to solve by myself. Better to wait until the doctor can run his tests and explain why my eye keeps swelling shut every night than to play the role of amateur detective attempting to see where all the clues point, but easier said than done.