You know, some days I feel like this not-sleeping-thing is a curse. Other days, I view it as a privilege. After all, had I not been WIDE AWAKE at 4 am this morning, I would never have gotten to do all of this stuff before any of the fellow humans inhabiting this house woke up.
- Wrote a bunch email.
- Read part of This Star Won’t Go Out.
- Reread Lori Earl’s Nerdy post for today.
- Watched the live-streamed book launch event for This Star Won’t Go Out from last night.
- Laughed when I saw this again.
- Bawled when I saw this. (Thank you, Holly!)
- Remembered why I will listen to Neil Gaiman read anything.
- Thought about what we might eat for dinner this week – and even made the shopping list.
- Scribbled some notes for lesson planning purposes.
Of course, by lunch time, I was about worn out and I still had things that would require more energy than typing. (Do I ever wish that my Dyson would vacuum the house itself…)
All I could think as I was enjoying the peace and quiet of the house this morning was that this is the way I wanted to spend the beginning of my day. I needed the time and space to read, write, and reflect on the week that was so far and to begin looking forward to the week that will be.